Information for Parents
Our Ethos and Aims:
We are driven by the needs of our community to harness the energy and expertise of health and education partners to transform lives through Scott College. We will improve the life chances of all our young people, from our most vulnerable to our most gifted and talented.
Through working with our partners we will be able to address the economic, social and cultural divide that exists within the city to enable barriers to learning and aspirations to be lifted.
Scott College will further inspire young people to take an active role in making a difference to their lives, regenerating their own opportunities and in turn their local community, their city and their country.
Scott Medical and Healthcare College will:
- raise standards of achievement for all young people by ensuring high quality teaching and learning through an innovative and exciting curriculum.
- enable all young people to make a positive contribution to their school and community by developing high levels of student leadership
- provide a health and well-being dimension for all our students and link with the City’s Health Strategy.
Our students will benefit from an even more increased focus on their personal development and well-being. This will enable them to improve their life chances and inspire them to achieve their true potential, both within the school and beyond. They will become active, confident participants in their community and truly believe that they can make a difference to their own lives and the lives of others.
Our staff will benefit from the opportunities to work with experienced and skilled partner organisations within our community. This professional exchange will improve communication, skills and knowledge.
Please click here for a full list of policies, these include:
- Behaviour for Learning Policy
- SEND Policy
- Complaints Policy
- Safeguarding Policy
- Charging and Remissions Policy
Scott College Admission Arrangements
- Scott Medical and Healthcare College: Admission Arrangements for 2020-21
- Scott Medical and Healthcare College Admission arrangements for 2019-2020
- Scott Medical and Healthcare College: Admission arrangements for 2018 -19
Pupil Premium Information:
SEN Information Report:
Mr Martyn Cox
Scott Medical and Healthcare College
Chair of Local Governing Board:
c/o Scott Medical and Healthcare College
Scott College is part of the Inspiring Schools Partnership Multi Academy Trust
Chair of Trustees:
Mr Colin Searls
Code of Conduct:
Scott College is a place where young people come to learn. We want them to have a space where they are respected, are listened to and feel safe to make mistakes and to learn.
We do not expect others to disrupt the learning of any student and where there is behaviour or disruption to learning, the student concerned will receive an ‘amber warning’. The student will be asked to move seat or take five minutes out of the classroom. In the event that the student causes further disruption or does not follow the teacher instruction, the student will be given a Red Card and asked to leave the classroom and go to their coach. They will stay and work on classwork with the coaches for a further six school hours.Apply